Structural Engineering for Heritage Design
Buildings with Heritage status hold a place very dear in the hearts of many New Zealanders, often being of great interest to international visitors. They are part of our history and keep our rich cultural heritage alive.
When something sudden and devastating strikes, such as the Canterbury earthquakes, these beautiful old buildings, monuments etc often gain additional attention and come to the forefront… just how damaged are they and can we save them?
Can We Save Heritage Buildings?
For a number of these buildings and monuments that fell victim to the Christchurch Earthquakes, the answer has been YES we can save them! Structural Concepts Ltd has been heavily involved in the restoration design and earthquake (EQ) strengthening of a number of these heritage structures. We feel very honoured and proud to have been part of these projects, which have seen them restored to their former glory and earthquake strengthened for the future.
Similarly, we feel very honoured to have worked on other heritage buildings throughout New Zealand.
Trusted Structural Engineers for Heritage Buildings
Get peace of mind for your heritage building or project. Whether you are in need of assessment, earthquake repair or earthquake strengthening, you can trust us to deliver your project on time and to budget. Our extensive experience in assessing, restoring and strengthening many heritage buildings means we have been faced with varying challenges, all of which have been successfully solved.
Discover some of the heritage projects we have completed and are currently involved with:
Heritage Designs in Christchurch and Canterbury
- Sign of the Takahe, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 1)
- Curators House, Christchurch Botanical Gardens (Historic Place Category 2)
- Ohoka Homestead, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 1)
- Sign of the Kiwi, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 1)
- Cunningham Glasshouse, Botanical Gardens, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 2)
- Gaiety Hall, Akaroa (formerly known as Gaiety Cinema) (Historic Place Category 2)
- Old Stone House (formerly known as Cracroft House Servants Quarters), Cashmere, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 2)
- Mona Vale Homestead, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 2)
- Mona Vale Gatehouse, Christchurch (Historic Place Category 2)
- Mona Vale Bathhouse
- Mona Vale Lodge
- Deans Cottage (Historic Place Category 1)
Other New Zealand Heritage Buildings
- 50 Childers Road, Gisborne (former New Zealand Insurance Building) (Historic Place Category 2)
- Napier Post Office Building (Heritage Building)